7.01.2010

interior inspiration : summer getaways.













It's that time of year again when I start constantly daydreaming about having a summer vacation home somewhere in the Oregon country or along the rocky coast. I am so smitten with the idea of just having a place to go when the weather is warm, where my family and I can relax, bake, run around aimlessly, and play music and drink beer & sweet tea on the porch. And if we did have a place lake that, I would want it to look like one of these very, very lovely homes.

Sources (from top to bottom): Wendell T. Webber, The New York Times, Inspace Locations, Rachael Smith, Martha Stewart, Dwell, jj Locations, Rachel Whiting, Apartment Therapy, Christine Rudolph, and James Merrell.

8 comments:

  1. the apartment therapy beach house is impossibly charming. those wicker baskets along the wall are the thoughtful bits i also imagine in my dreamy summmer home :)

    have a a glorious weekend!

    xo,
    sylvie of silver lining

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the white beds sitting out in the middle of the room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos <3
    it's nice to get away and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this dream to own a vacation beach house, maybe on the Oregon shore. I keep buying beach-themed art, etc. for the day when that happens. Loved this post. It inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE the kitchen with the blue floors. i would move in tomorrow if i could!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this compilation of photos, it makes me long for a breezy summer getaway weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey.. great stuff… Looks wonderful. Great reading your post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i love these photos. jonesing for a summer escape by sand dunes and saltwater myeslf! x Emily

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...